Voices of Partition (SEATTLE)
Join us on April 4, 2015
Join us along with the University of Washington's South Asia Center in Seattle, as we explore the 1947 Partition via storytelling by witnesses sharing their stories, story collectors sharing their experiences and academics sharing new insights.
Date: April 4, 2015
Time: 10 am
Tickets: FREE! Register Now.
Venue: Kane 225, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Huffington Post | Recording History: The 1947 Partition Archive
August 18, 2014, New York
- The Atlantic | The Fading Memory of South Asia's Partition
August 15, 2014, New York
- The Wall Street Journal | Oral history project races to record voices of Partition survivors in India and Pakistan
August 12, 2014, Delhi
- The Hindu | U.S. group preserves memories of Partition
March 8, 2014, Delhi
- The News International | Archiving memories of a shared, Partitioned past
October 30, 2013, Karachi
- The Hindustan Times | A file in time...
October 21, 2013, Chandigarh
- The New York Times | Potent Memories from a Divided India
August 14, 2013, New York
Explore the Story Map
Browse interview photos, videos and chart migration paths on the interactive Story Map.
Our Free Monthly Newsletter
Keep up with events, highlights, stories, fellowships and more through our free monthly newsletter. Sign up here.
What we do
Featured Interview Clips
Video: Ali Shan migrated from East to West Punjab (full interview coming soon)
Video: Kazi Shamsuzzaman migrated from West to East Bengal (full interview coming soon).
Video: Ajit Cour migrated from West to East Punjab (full interview coming soon).
Help record stories in 2015:
YOU can ensure story recording continues in 2015 through your support. This work is supported entirely by individual donors such as yourself.
Donate by Check or Bank Transfer:
Mail checks to:
The 1947 Partition Archive
PO Box 9505
Berkeley, CA 94709
Checks will be reflected in the above campaign after processing.
For bank transfer, contact ask@1947PartitionArchive.org