Voices of Partition (Delhi) - August 13, 2016
India Habitat Centre - Gulmohar Auditorium
Doors at 6:30pm
Starts at 7:00pm
Reserve tickets now
Story Scholars Program - July 31, 2016
The Story Scholars Program in South Asia is now accepting applications. TO become eligible to apply, you must be a confirmed Citizen Historians, or volunteer story collectors, who has collected and recorded at least one story in your family or community community after attending our free online workshop. Application deadline for the Story Scholars Program is July 31, 2016.
- The New York Times | Potent Memories from a Divided India
August 14, 2013, New York
- NBC News | One Woman's Quest to Record the History of the 1947 Partition of India
May 4, 2016, New York
- Dawn.com (Associated Press) | Murder, rape and shattered families: 1947 Partition Archive under way
March 13, 2015, Lahore
- Huffington Post | Recording History: The 1947 Partition Archive
August 18, 2014, New York
- The Atlantic | The Fading Memory of South Asia's Partition
August 15, 2014, New York
- The Wall Street Journal | Oral history project races to record voices of Partition survivors in India and Pakistan
August 12, 2014, Delhi
- The Hindu | U.S. group preserves memories of Partition
March 8, 2014, Delhi
- The News International | Archiving memories of a shared, Partitioned past
October 30, 2013, Karachi
- The Hindustan Times | A file in time...
October 21, 2013, Chandigarh
Watch: What we do
Watch on New York Times:
Watch on YouTube:
The 1947 Partition Archive has been preserving oral histories of Partition witnesses since 2010. Over 2500 stories have been preserved on digital video from 300 cities across the world by over 500 Citizen Historian volunteers who have devoted an estimated 30,000 hours in volunteer labor. The 1947 Partition Archive is truly a labor of love, built for people, by people from diverse backgrounds. You too can join us. Learn how to record and share a story from your community now! Or support another story through your donation.
Featured Interview Clips
Video: Ali Shan migrated from East to West Punjab (full interview coming soon)
Video: Kazi Shamsuzzaman migrated from West to East Bengal (full interview coming soon).
Video: Ajit Cour migrated from West to East Punjab (full interview coming soon).